Thursday, June 29, 2006

Social News Controversy

Wow, digg and reddit are getting a lot of heat recently. One great example is a series of posts by Marc Fawzi over at Evolving Trends, which you can read here. His rant is one of many that have surfaced over the last couple of months calling in to question both the reliability of hive-mind news filtering and, worse, the actual credibility of the people running the sites.

I've used both, as well as a handful of smaller but similar services, and I've got to say that I'm not sure I necessarily care how perfect or imperfect they are. To me, they provide an easy conduit into a broad set of mostly interesting posts and websites. I doubt seriously I'd ever use such a service as a sole or even primary source of news and info.

Heck, either way, they're no worse than pretty much every online news site -- what, do you think they present an unbiased view of the news? Hah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home